Age Concern, Estepona and Manilva, urgently need more people to come forward and volunteer to work with older people in the community. Experience is not necessary as training will be given. Volunteers undertake a range of activities, for example:
- Make home visits to discuss the person´s needs.
- Give information on where to obtain nursing care.
- Liaise with Social Services when appropriate.
- Match volunteers to beneficiaries for long term support if this is required. (Subject to the availability of volunteers)
- Give information about Nursing/Residential homes and help with daily living difficulties.
- Act as interpreters/translators if required. (Subject to the availability of volunteers)
Help with repatriation.
- Provide a listening ear service
- Accompany people to the doctors or to hospital.
Age Concern does not provide nursing or domestic help.
This voluntary work is very rewarding as older people appreciate the help they are given and, as a result, get more out of life. If you have a few hours a week free and would like to help call Eileen on 608458555 today and find out more.