650 16 39 28
10.00am to 4.00pm Monday – Friday
This is Age Concern’s welfare section and often the first point of contact between the client and the charity. Clients are assessed and a volunteer is allocated to the client if needed.
People who simply want information can contact the Shop/Office on 951 318 234.
Our Adviceline volunteers will:
- Make home visits to discuss the person´s needs.
- Give information on where to obtain nursing care.
- Liaise with Social Services when appropriate.
- Match volunteers to beneficiaries for long term support if this is required. (Subject to the availability of volunteers)
- Give information about Nursing/Residential homes and help with daily living difficulties.
- Act as interpreters/translators if required. (Subject to availability of volunteers)
- Help with repatriation. Liaise with Housing Associations in the UK.
- Provide a listening ear service.