The sun was certainly shining on everyone at Europe Day in Palma Nova and especially on those at the Age Concern Mallorca stall. There were so many winners there, firstly the President of AC Mallorca, who was named European Citizen of the Year, secondly all the lucky people who won a prize on their tombola. Of course the most important winners will be all the elderly citizens here on the island who will benefit from this fundraising event and the magnificent donation of a cheque for 500€ presented by Edward Ingram, President of Rotary Club Calvia. Age Concern would like to express their most heartfelt thanks to everyone who donated prizes for the tombola and to congratulate all the winners. The star prizes were won by:
- Weekend for 2 in 4 star Melia Hotel in Madrid, bed & breakfast, donated by Grupo Sol Melia – winner Mrs Karin Myrer from Norway, staying at Hawaii
- Apartments. “This is wonderful. I have a friend in Madrid I can visit her now”
Majorca Daily Bulletin, 3 months subscription – winner Susan Macfeeters of Son Ferriol. “Absolutely wonderful – just what I wanted”
- 100€ Voucher from Mood Bar Restaurant, Portals – winner Lisa Milton, staying at Hotel Palma Nova Palace – “What a wonderful way to spend the last day of our holiday, thank you”
- Pirates, 2 adult tickets – winner Esperanza Catala from Portals Nous “Donated back to Age Concern to be reused on another occasion”
- Restaurant Mar Adentro, Pto Andratx, Paella for 2- winner – Eduardo Bianya “Over the moon”
- Mallorca Therapy Massage winner – Bill Wettom, Palma Nova. “Just what the doctor ordered”
- Ultima Hora, Kitchen Utensils – winner Mary Mackie “This is great I would also like to volunteer for you”
- Majorca Daily Bulletin, Tablecloth – winner Milady Galvan, Palma Nova “Many thanks”
Congratulations to all the lucky winners of star prizes and, of course, to all the other winners of equally wonderful prizes. However many other spectacular prizes such as, a weekend for 2 in a 4 star Barcelo hotel in Mallorca, 2 tickets to Son Amar dinner and show, 3 months subscription to Ultima Hora newspaper, 1 year subscription to Mallorca Magazin, 2 adult and 2 children’s tickets to Palma Aquarium and 1 massage session at H3O salon in Palma, stayed in the drum waiting to be won.
Finally I would like to express my personal thanks to Anne Kay for organising the tombola and to all her voluntary helpers.
If you require information or you are interested in attending any of our social activities, aimed at younger people to fund help for the elderly, or become a volunteer, the contact details for Age Concern Mallorca are as follows – Tel: 971-231520 weekdays after 10am or email: firstname.lastname@example.org